Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Veritas Backup Exec 8.0 Problem W2k SP2 A tape access reached a filemark.^ ^ ^ ^ ^

2002-01-21 10:20:54
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Veritas Backup Exec 8.0 Problem W2k SP2 A tape access reached a filemark.^ ^ ^ ^ ^
From: RWestland AT humancompany DOT nl (Westland, R.J.)
Date: Mon, 21 Jan 2002 16:20:54 +0100
Hi all,

I have the following two problems:
SITREP:
OS W2K SP2
Veritas Backup Exec 8.0
Compaq 12/24GB DAT DRV 4mm

1) I make backup with verification and sometimes I'll get the error
message:
A tape access reached a filemark.^ ^ ^ ^ ^

2)When I tried to restore some off the data I'll get the following error
message:
Please check for the following: - low virtual memory conditions - a
corrupt or truncated catalog - that the media you are restoring has not
been overwritten
^ ^ ^ ^ ^

It happens on different tapes
The backup with verification normally runs ok
I can find anything on the veritas site.
What can be the problem?

Thanks in advance, Ruud