Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] More NetWare backups

2002-01-22 09:26:04
Subject: [Veritas-bu] More NetWare backups
From: Ryan.Anderson AT udlp DOT com (Ryan Anderson)
Date: Tue, 22 Jan 2002 08:26:04 -0600
As of NetBackup 3.4 the NetWeird client comes with OTM (Open Transaction
Manager) for NetWare. Make sure you use the latest patch for the client
and associated OTM NLMs as a lot of work has been done to make it more
stable.

RCA

--
Ryan C. Anderson
Unix Administrator

>>> Thomas Johansson <thomas AT gbg.abf DOT se> 01/21/02 05:55AM >>>
We've grown a bit tired of swapping tapes on all the novell-servers so
we
want to back them up to NetBackup instead. The problem is that we lose
alot of these open files, and normally these are the ones that are
interesting. Now, i'm not a novell netware-expert but i'd guess that
there
are some way of fixing this? I know that backup exec has the open file
manager, is there something similar for NetBackup?

/Thomas