Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] (13) file read failure

2002-01-18 09:16:25
Subject: [Veritas-bu] (13) file read failure
From: david AT xbpadm-commands DOT com (David A. Chapa)
Date: Fri, 18 Jan 2002 08:16:25 -0600
Eric:

This may not be the answer you are looking for, but more than likely it is a
Network problem.  Error 13 and 14 with regard to NT more commonly are caused
by a connection reset somewhere along the way.  If you create bpbkar logs on
the client along with bptm logs on the media server its backing up to and
bpdbm logs on the Master you should be able to see where there are network
related issues.

I had this same problem with several NT machines at a client site.  I got
Veritas involved since I was pulled to another project and the result they
came up with were several of these connection resets in the logs.

David

David A. Chapa
NetBackup Consultant
DataStaff, Inc.
http://www.consulting.datastaff.com
847 413 1144
NBU-LSERV AT datastaff DOT com - Adv. Scripting
http://www.xbpadm-commands.com