Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Unix NDMP Backups to Win NT Server/Robot

2002-01-17 19:07:42
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Unix NDMP Backups to Win NT Server/Robot
From: Gavin.Gregory AT airnz.co DOT nz (Gregory, Gavin)
Date: Fri, 18 Jan 2002 13:07:42 +1300
Hi.

We're trialing a method of backing up out Netapp volumes via NDMP to a Win
NT based Netbackup 3.4 instance.  It all works fine with the exception that
the inability to specify wildcards on the file list of NDMP backup classes
means we need to manually ensure the file list is up to date.  Rather than
just having the one line in the filelist indicating the path of the
snapshot, we want to multistream to the 4 available drives by listing the
next level down, i.e:

/vol/vol10/.snapshot/snapshotname/dir1
/vol/vol10/.snapshot/snapshotname/dir2
/vol/vol10/.snapshot/snapshotname/dir3
/vol/vol10/.snapshot/snapshotname/dir4

Is there a way of automatically updating the backup class on the Win NT
Master server from the Unix host?  The sysadmin for the NT Server is against
the idea of allowing rsh access from the Unix server.

Thanks in advance,
Gavin