Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Question Regarding Veritas NetBackup Data Center 3.4 NDMP Support

2002-01-17 16:17:22
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Question Regarding Veritas NetBackup Data Center 3.4 NDMP Support
From: Steve Kappel <steve.kappel AT veritas DOT com> (Steve Kappel)
Date: Thu, 17 Jan 2002 15:17:22 -0600 (CST)
Vikas Saini wrote:
>            I was planning to use Veritas NetBackup for NDMP backup and
>I was looking for some information about that. Do Veritas NetBackup Data
>Center 3.4 Support NDMP Version 3 ? Other thing which I want to know  if
>veritas netbackup supports or compatible in a configuration in which it
>is communicating with two different types of NDMP servers like one
>NetApp filer (NDMP Data Server) and other Legato's Celestra (NDMP Tape
>Server). Can any one give me some info on this.

NetBackup 4.5 will support NDMP V2, V3, and V4.  NetBackup 3.4 supports
NDMP V2 only.  Just about every NDMP server that is capable of V3
can also automatically negotiate down to V2.

NetBackup NDMP supports qualified (tested by VERITAS) NDMP platforms.
We do not specifically test 3-way compatibility between mixes of
platforms.  However, in VERITAS Engineering we do this all the
time and do not see any problems.

Legato has not requested Celestra qualification with NetBackup NDMP.
I wouldn't expect this to ever happen.

Steve Kappel                       steve.kappel AT veritas DOT com
VERITAS Software (Engineering)     steve AT stevekappel DOT com (Personal)