Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Running monthly schedules

2002-01-15 06:57:09
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Running monthly schedules
From: Jaya.Jayakody AT siemens.com DOT au (Jayakody Jaya)
Date: Tue, 15 Jan 2002 22:57:09 +1100
Hi,

I'm having 3 backup classes scheduled  to run incremental on Monday to
Thursday and full backup on Friday night with a retention period of 1 month.

My requirement is to run a full backup on the last Friday of every month
with a retention period of one or more years.
So on that  Friday I want to disable the normal backup schedules and enable
the month end schedule and at the end of backup disable the month schedule
and enable the normal schedule again.

By doing this if I want to restore data from older tapes, catalogs
information will still be in the database for the month end backups.

How can I automated this process. I can't find any way to run monthly
schedules in Netbackup. Have you got any ideas.

Thanks,

 Jaya Jayakody
 Siemens Business Services

   Building 21
   885 Mountain Hwy
   Bayswater. VIC 3153

   Tel.     +61 (0)3 9721 2459
   Fax.    +61 (0)3 9721 2788
   Mobile.+61 (0)41 867 4055
   Email: jaya.jayakody AT siemens.com DOT au

CAUTION - This message may contain privileged and confidential information
intended only for the use of the addressee named above. If you are not the
intended recipient of this message you are hereby notified that any use,
distribution or reproduction of this message is prohibited. If you have
received this message in error please notify Siemens Ltd, ABN 98004347880,
or Siemens (NZ) Limited immediately.