Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] bpduplicate hangs

2002-01-14 21:12:15
Subject: [Veritas-bu] bpduplicate hangs
From: Dmitri.Smirnov AT RoundHeaven DOT com (Dmitri Smirnov)
Date: Mon, 14 Jan 2002 18:12:15 -0800
I'm having a problem with bpduplicate for last few days.
My bpduplicate process hangs periodically (I believe bptm actually hangs).
It is able to kill itself after 2-3 hours but it doesn't solve a problem.
Is anybody have the same issue? Netbackup DC 3.4.1_2, Solaris 8, STK 9740
with DLT7000 attached by Emulex LP7000+Crossroads?
I have a case open in Veritas but may be it is very trivial and could get a
help from a maillist faster (I'll have couriers tomorrow and tapes are not
ready yet :)

I made 'strings bpduplicate' and may be somebody knows parameters for
bpduplicate?
TIMEOUT_IN_QUEUE
SLAVE_CONNECT_TIMEOUT
CLIENT_CONNECT_TIMEOUT
CLIENT_READ_TIMEOUT
BPTM_QUERY_TIMEOUT
APOLLO_RESTORE_TIMEOUT
BPSTART_TIMEOUT
BPEND_TIMEOUT
LIST_FILES_TIMEOUT
NFS_ACCESS_TIMEOUT

Dmitri Smirnov, SSCP
Security Team
RoundHeaven Communications Canada Inc.
Suite 2323, Three Bentall Centre
595 Burrard Street
P.O. Box 49336
Vancouver B.C. V7X 1L4
Phone: (604) 687-7757
Fax: (604) 687-7761
Email: Dmitri.Smirnov AT roundheaven DOT com