Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] DR Test - Restoring a Master Server (With Caveats..)

2002-01-14 11:32:14
Subject: [Veritas-bu] DR Test - Restoring a Master Server (With Caveats..)
From: edward.dubrovsky AT cgi DOT ca (Edward Dubrovsky/CGI)
Date: Mon, 14 Jan 2002 11:32:14 -0500
Hi Everyone,

In about a month we will be conducting a DR test and I was wondering if
anyone can provide input on the scenario below:

Current Env:
Netbackup 3.4.1 DC
Solaris Master Server connected to L700 (HP/StorageTek) w/DLT8000 Drives (6
in total)
W2000 AS - Media server
4 - W2000 AS clients

The DR Env:
NetBackup 3.4.1 DC
W2000 AS master server connected to a local DLT8000 drive
The Tapes from the L700
4 - W2000 AS clients

My plan is to reinstall Veritas 3.4.1 on the W2000 as a master server and
import the tapes from the L700 library since the drive types are the same.
And then restore the required save sets to the clients.

I guess my questions are as follows:

1. Is it an issue that the current master is a SOLARIS machine and I will
be trying to import the tapes into a W2K machine?
2. Has anyone done a similar exercise and can provide some tips/tricks?
3. Has anyone used IDR to restore clients with different hardware (ie. I am
certain that the hardware I will be given for DR will be different then the
current hardware we are using..)
4. Anything else I should be thinking of...

Thanks in advanced,

Ed Dubrovsky.