Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Probably a FAQ (Does NBU write images in network byte-order?)

2002-01-14 06:12:00
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Probably a FAQ (Does NBU write images in network byte-order?)
From: plb AT iotk DOT com (Peter L. Buschman)
Date: Mon, 14 Jan 2002 12:12:00 +0100
Am resorting to asking this publically since I cannot find where it is
documented:

Does NBU write its image and catalog tapes in a platform-independent byte
order?
Basically, I am wondering if I can import the configuration from a Sun NBU
master
server onto an NT master server for the purpose of testing some
platform-independent
code.  However, I only have one jukebox to test with.  For verification
purposes, I would
like the NT box to have the same NBU configuration settings and reference
the same
tapes as the Sun box.

--PLB