Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Media Management .. bug?

2002-01-09 05:00:37
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Media Management .. bug?
From: Danny Cox <dannyc AT pcs.co DOT uk> (Danny Cox)
Date: Wed, 9 Jan 2002 10:00:37 +0000 (GMT)
I have setup a copy of business server and am keen to allow
the operators to just use the GUI, rather than any command
line options.  This threw up what appears to be a bug
recently, but I'd be v.grateful for feedback.

Through the (Java based) GUI - 3.4GA Business Server - we've
tried to alter the expiration date of the volumes.  After a
bit of reading, I conclude that this is probably the wrong
thing to do (though how DO you alter the expiration date of
an image on a volume?!)

My question remains though - if I try to alter the expiration
for a volume and use a date when the day is above '12', then
the system confuses it with a month.  Whether I try 12/14/01
or 14/12/01 it doesn't accept it.  One spits out a dialog window
indicating I've added it wrongly, the other tells me more
specifially that it's an invalid date.  It sounds like either
a bug of some sort or a mismatch between the product's expectation
of date and that of the OS.

Be very grateful for any pointers - I've been searching through
the Veritas support pages and trying our support channels with
no success so far.

regards

Danny