Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] success vs. failure notifications?

2002-01-08 22:28:35
Subject: [Veritas-bu] success vs. failure notifications?
From: scott.kendall AT abbott DOT com (scott.kendall AT abbott DOT com)
Date: Tue, 8 Jan 2002 21:28:35 -0600
Built into the NT Admin GUI is either Activity Monitor or in Reports, the
Status of Backups report.

Activity Monitor can also be ran from the CLI using bpdbjobs... beware that
jobs deleted from Activity Monitor will not appear in the report so it can be
incomplete.

The Status of Backups report is the same as "bperror -backstat".  you can add
the "-hoursago 24" option to report on backup status for last 24 hours.  the
-L and -U options can be added for formatting or you can run it through a
script of your own.

- Scott

                    "Dave Brown" <dbrown AT gfs DOT com>

                    Sent by:                             To:     <veritas-bu AT
mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu>
                    veritas-bu-admin AT mailman DOT eng.        cc:

                    auburn.edu                           Subject:
[Veritas-bu] success vs. failure notifications?

                    01/08/2002 01:27 PM

Does Veritas Netbackup 3.2 have a built in reporting tool that will give me a
daily report for how many backups started each day and of those, how many were
either successful or failed?
I would like a daily report when I come in each day that would say something
like last night 135 backup jobs started with 15 jobs failing or incomplete.

I haven't been able to find anything in the admin. guide yet, but I thought I
had seen something like this in other environments.

Thanks!

Dave Brown
Open System Administrator
email: dbrown AT gfs DOT com