Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Help with LTO drive (fwd)

2002-01-05 02:42:00
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Help with LTO drive (fwd)
From: kingjamm AT colltech DOT com (James Mello)
Date: Sat, 5 Jan 2002 01:42:00 -0600 (CST)
Thanks to all that helped on this problem of mine. Sorry to be so late in
the summary. A special thanks to Larry Kingery and a guy who I deleted his
answer on accident and happens to live in Canada (sorry dude!)

Here are the entries that worked for us. Make sure that you have the
proper number of spaces to find out the drive name (this is the first
column in the config file. I used a cut and paste from the
/var/adm/messages files to see what the string was that the firmware used
to identify itself. If the st.conf entries don't work, *please* be sure
that you find out the string identifier from firmware and copy it
*exactly* as it is. I spent the better part of a day pulling my hair out
because I missed a space.

tape-config-list =
"IBM     ULTRIUM-TD1", "IBM Ultrium", "CLASS_3580",
"IBM     ULT3580-TD1", "IBM 3580 Ultrium", "CLASS_3580";
CLASS_3580 = 1,0x24,0,0x45863d,2,0x00,0x01,0;

        -- Cheers
        -- James