Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Changing HOSTNAME in NetBackup Server configuration

2002-01-03 14:39:18
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Changing HOSTNAME in NetBackup Server configuration
From: Umesh.Tayde AT gecapital DOT com (Tayde, Umesh (CAP, GEFA, Contractor))
Date: Thu, 3 Jan 2002 14:39:18 -0500
Hi Admins,

We have added one more HIGH SPEED NETWORK INTERFACE on our Netbackup Server
and Configured it with new hostname in /etc/hosts.

We would like to use this INTERFACE for the backing the clients rather than
the old one.

I would like to know the steps to do with NETBACKUP CONFIGURATION for
changing the HOSTNAME from OLD to NEW.

The setup is Simple, there is no MASTER-SLAVE.. its only one server having
both the
NETBACKUP DATCENTER and MEDIA MANAGER.

Thanx in Advance !!
-Umesh