Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Error restoring any file on the NB master

2001-12-20 09:27:31
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Error restoring any file on the NB master
From: dbrown AT gfs DOT com (Dave Brown)
Date: Thu, 20 Dec 2001 09:27:31 -0500
I'm running NB 3.2 on a Solaris 2.6 server.  I've run into an odd
problem when I try to do some testing of the environment.  I've tried to
do some test restores (/etc/hosts to a /tmp/dbrown directory) on the NB
Master.  I continue to get '54' errors, timeout trying to connect to
client, after the restore times out.  However, if I try to restore the
file from the NB master to any NB client, the restore works without a
problem.  Also, I can restore all the NB clients back to the original
location or to the NB master.  The only restore failures I get are when
it is from and back to the NB master.

I have tried making some changes in the bp.conf to limit port
communications as well as max out the time out period, and have had no
luck.  I've updated all the patches and still get the same problem.  In
an emergency if I had to do a restore for the NB master, I can do the
restore to a client then either ftp or rcp the file, but I would prefer
to not have to use this work around.

Does anyone have any insight as to what might be causing this restore
failure?

Thanks!

Dave Brown
Open System Administrator