Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Reading dbbackup tape (and DB backups in general )

2001-12-19 14:03:21
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Reading dbbackup tape (and DB backups in general )
From: Jason.Ahrens AT telus DOT com (Jason Ahrens)
Date: Wed, 19 Dec 2001 14:03:21 -0500

Unfortunatly this didn't work either:

root@veritasmedia1:/# tpreq -ev 010365 -d hcart -p NetBackup
/tmp/010365.mount
root@veritasmedia1:/# vmoprcmd | grep 010365
  1 hcart    TLD    root       Yes   010365  010365   Yes     Yes        0
root@veritasmedia1:/# mt -f /dev/rmt/1cbn status
StorageTek 9840 tape drive:
   sense key(0x0)= No Additional Sense   residual= 0   retries= 0
   file no= 0   block no= 0

root@veritasmaster1:/# bprecover -l -tpath veritasmedia1:/dev/rmt/1cbn
OpenNdmpFunctions() failed - make sure /usr/openv/lib/libndmp.so is present
media open error

I'm still at a loss how I might recover the NetBackup database, when the
master server (with all the catalog info, etc..) is not the one directly
connected to the drives and robot.