Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] ejecting multiple volumes to mail slot

2001-12-17 20:52:31
Subject: [Veritas-bu] ejecting multiple volumes to mail slot
From: steve AT neptune.on DOT ca (Steve Mickeler)
Date: Mon, 17 Dec 2001 20:52:31 -0500 (EST)
On Mon, 17 Dec 2001, Dave Brown wrote:

> I've been trying to determine if it is possible to eject more than one
> piece of media from it's slot to the inport/export slot through Veritas
> netbackup 3.2 at a time?
>
> For example, I normally eject about 90-100 cartridges a week, 14 at a
> time to the library door.  Currently, I identify the media and using the
> GUI, I move the media one item at a time to the door.  Is it possible to
> use a command line script to move fouteen pieces of media at a time just
> typing one command with the media ID numbers?

You can use robtest and move the tapes from their slots to the interactive
ports.

If this is under a unix flavour, you could write a little expect script
that automated it for you.

Im looking into this as an option because our offline vaulting is creating
20 - 25 tapes in a session and our door also only holds 14 tapes.

I'm trying to automate the process for a unix operator that will be
removing the tapes from the tape unit and giving them to the offsite
storage company.

Todays root password is brought to you by /dev/random

| Steve Mickeler * Network Operations |
|     Neptune Internet Services       |

1024D/ACB58D4F = 0227 164B D680 9E13 9168  AE28 843F 57D7 ACB5 8D4F