Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] windows clients slow to backup and restore

2001-12-12 13:14:24
Subject: [Veritas-bu] windows clients slow to backup and restore
From: steve AT neptune.on DOT ca (Steve Mickeler)
Date: Wed, 12 Dec 2001 13:14:24 -0500 (EST)
Marianne,

I did some testing via ftp and found that when ftp'ing to the netbackup
server from the unix client, it was fast at doing a 'get' but dreadfully
slow at doing a 'put'

I tested an ftp session with 'get' and 'put' from unix client to the
netbackup server and it was fine.

What can be done to speed up the transmit rate from the windows box ?