Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] How will NetBackup behave

2001-12-07 14:39:16
Subject: [Veritas-bu] How will NetBackup behave
From: sdvorak AT veritas DOT com (Steve Dvorak)
Date: Fri, 7 Dec 2001 11:39:16 -0800
Alright, let me take a shot at this.  In a multiplexed scenario, it breaks
each stream into a separate job.  Therefore, if you have streams from the
8pm job that haven't started yet when the 1am job kicked off, and the 1am
job has a higher priority, the 1am job should get the next available
resource.  This still means the 1am job will wait until an active stream has
completed and the resource is available.
Alternatively, you could do some fancy configuration and split out Storage
Units, thus dedicating a Storage Unit to the 1am jobs (this would mean that
the drive(s) in that Storage Unit wouldn't ever be available for use by the
8pm jobs without setting the 8pm job to use 'any available').
Steve