Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] NT Cluster Backups

2001-12-07 13:11:40
Subject: [Veritas-bu] NT Cluster Backups
From: kingjamm AT colltech DOT com (James Mello)
Date: Fri, 7 Dec 2001 12:11:40 -0600 (CST)
> Does anyone have any suggestions or guidelines on how to backup NT clusters
> using Netbackup Datacenter?  Can I just have one class for all the clusters
> or do I have to create different classes for each of the Virtual shares?

That's how I do it. That way wherever the data has "floated" too, it is
sure to work. If you were to try to configure a single class, every night
you would end up with at least one server in the class that it couldn't
contact.

So in general based on my experience do the following

1 class 2 servers only local data
1 class 1 server backing up shared data in the cluster.

Also when doing this, make sure that you have the aliases set up for the
servers to do restores from.

        -- Cheers
        -- James