Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] NetBackup Advanced Reporter ALSO Tapes left in drives

2001-12-06 15:34:48
Subject: [Veritas-bu] NetBackup Advanced Reporter ALSO Tapes left in drives
From: fergus.milton AT ntlworld DOT com (Fergus Milton)
Date: Thu, 6 Dec 2001 20:34:48 -0000
A cry for help - is anyone using Advanced Reporter, or have you ever come
across anyone in Veritas who will admit to knowing anything about the
product ?!
I have a number of issues, and would like to discuss them with someone who
knows the product.

Also, on the thread about tapes left in drives. We have 13  Sun L1000 silos
with 4 DLT7000 drives and we are forever getting tapes left in drives
leading to drives being offlined. We know the cause and can't avoid it, so I
am just finishing a script that checks for tapes in drives, and if the
drives are offline to NetBackup, will move the tapes back into empty slots
in the silo before bringing the drive back online. It should be finished
within a week and I'll let the list know when it's ready.

Fergus Milton
System Administrator
Vizzavi Europe