Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] RE: Control M

2001-12-06 07:40:03
Subject: [Veritas-bu] RE: Control M
From: Chuck.S.Shaffer AT Cummins DOT com (Chuck.S.Shaffer AT Cummins DOT com)
Date: Thu, 06 Dec 2001 07:40:03 -0500
While Veritas has no provision to restart a single failed stream, there is
a simple work-around.  The solution is to expand the backup window by n
hours necessary to complete the failed stream.  NetBackup will only restart
the failed stream.  We completed hundreds of failed streams using this
method.  I have an interactive/automated process for our Operations staff
to extend windows based on permission from the resource owner.  The same
process puts the original schedule back in place during normal [automated]
1500 processing.  We backup 10,000+ streams weekly [22+ TB] from 300+
clients both UNIX and NT.

Chuck Shaffer
Lockheed Martin Global Telecommunications / Cummins Program