Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Drive downing (bptm?)

2001-11-26 15:48:18
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Drive downing (bptm?)
From: llabonte AT att DOT com (Labonte, L R (Leo), SITS)
Date: Mon, 26 Nov 2001 15:48:18 -0500
Hi Thomas,

We use DLT IV tapes in our DLT 7000 tape drives.
This tape library ran sweet for a year, until
it overused a DLT cleaning tape because the cleaning
count threshold had not been set.  StorageTek has
since set the cleaning tape threshold, and we sort
of suspected that there may be contaminated tapes
in the library.  We are watching for media errors,
and if we feel the tape error rate is excessive, then
we will call StorageTek in to look at the tape drives.

        Leo