Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Off topic: STK 9740 and SuperDLT

2001-11-26 15:58:30
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Off topic: STK 9740 and SuperDLT
From: thomas AT gbg.abf DOT se (Thomas Johansson)
Date: Mon, 26 Nov 2001 21:58:30 +0100 (CET)
> Owners of 9740 - what will you do in future (upgrade to LXXX libraries,
> etc)?

A 9740 is a rather expensive toy and thus, a big investment so my guess is
that most users of the 9740 (including us) will use it until it becomes
totally obsolete. Just because something goes out of the catalog you don't
automagically buy another machine.
Why not let the library do what it does as long as it can?
Just my 2 cents.

--
There are two major products that come out of Berkeley:
LSD and UNIX. We don't believe this to be a coincidence. -- Jeremy S. Anderson

Thomas Johansson - http://zin.plastique.net