Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] File Read Failed (13) / System_State Problem

2001-11-26 15:08:58
Subject: [Veritas-bu] File Read Failed (13) / System_State Problem
From: kmeyer AT banderacom DOT com (Kyle Meyer)
Date: Mon, 26 Nov 2001 14:08:58 -0600
I have a Win2k client that has backed up to the Win2k master for months now
with little trouble. Recently, the full backups that contain
"System_State:\" will fail and give me a "file read failed" error. I looked
at the bpbkar logs and found the following is the only error:

11/26/01 1:41:29 PM: [5492]: ERR - cannot create directory:
'C:\WINNT\System32\VERITAS\NetBackup\tir_info\System_State:' (WIN32 123: The
filename, directory name, or volume label syntax is incorrect. )

It obviously can't create a dir with ":" on the end, so I am curious to see
what you guys (and gals) have to say. Nothing has changed on the machine
other than an admin password change (no services run with this account, and
the NB client service has been restarted).

Thanks for any help,
Kyle Meyer
Network Administrator
Banderacom, Inc.