Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] SQL transactions logs

2001-11-26 06:07:09
Subject: [Veritas-bu] SQL transactions logs
From: thomas AT gbg.abf DOT se (Thomas Johansson)
Date: Mon, 26 Nov 2001 12:07:09 +0100 (CET)
> Hi All,
>
> I'm not able to do a restore on transactions log ?

First, im a first-time poster, so hey everyone!
Ofcourse you can restore a transaction-log. What database do you have
running? MS SQL-server? In that case i cannot give you specifics, but as
far as my knowledge of databases go you have no need to restore a
transaction-log itself. The log is just used to roll back data. We use
Informix and i do tests on this regularly and it works fine to restore a
transactionlog.
However you need to buy an agent software for your database to handle
this. But since you can do the backup i suppose you already figured that
part out :-)