Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Error 24, socket write failed -- help!

2001-11-19 10:47:44
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Error 24, socket write failed -- help!
From: David_Cornely AT intuit DOT com (Cornely, David)
Date: Mon, 19 Nov 2001 07:47:44 -0800
Hey all,

Does anyone have any experience with solving this very frustrating error?
I'm running NBU3.2 on a fully patched Solaris 2.6 E450.  I've made kernel
modifications per Veritas, set tcp_close_wait_interval to 1000 and I'm only
running 1 single backup yet it still fails when I get to around ~70GB.  This
is a 600GB filesystem I need to backup, the client is Alpha with a GigE
connection to the network while my master has a 100Mb connection.  Any
thoughts?  The only answers I can find online refer to steps I've already
taken.  Thanks.

-Dave