Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] NetBackup Media eject / mailslot issues

2001-11-14 15:39:46
Subject: [Veritas-bu] NetBackup Media eject / mailslot issues
From: WBedour AT lear DOT com (BeDour, Wayne)
Date: Wed, 14 Nov 2001 15:39:46 -0500
To preface this request, I'd like to point out that I am a Veritas NetBackup
newbe.   We have NetBackup  3.4.1 installed on a HP9000 K460 using a HP Sure
Store E Galactia Anteries  2/20 and NetBackup 3.4.1 installed on a HP9000
N4000 using a HP SureStore E 20/700.   Both systems are running HP-UX 11i.
We have been playing with the K460 for a couple of months and the N4000 is
not yet implemented.  We are in the process of moving our data center and
implementing NetBackup as our backup solution.  What I am looking for is
some help in the tape eject process.  On our old SpectraLogic unit we
created a script that would eject all tapes that were full or needed to go
to vault.  I haven't found anything in Veritas that does that.  All I have
found so far is basically a manual eject function.  Is there anyone out
there who is doing what I need and if so, can you let me in on how this is
being accomplished.

Thanks in advance
Wayne BeDour
IT Unix System Administrator
PH: 313-240-3374  FAX:  313-240-3065
Outlook:  wbedo
Internet:  wbedour AT lear DOT com <mailto:wbedour AT lear DOT com>