Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Is it possible to take backup and restore of netw ork drive???????

2001-11-08 14:05:57
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Is it possible to take backup and restore of netw ork drive???????
From: samc AT citysearch DOT com (Sam Ceballos)
Date: Thu, 8 Nov 2001 11:05:57 -0800
Yes, you can.  You mention that you have the backup network drives option
clicked enabled in the class and you also need to have the cross mount
points clicked as well.  What I do is have two separate classes for the
client, one where the client is backup of the local files, probably along
with the other clients that have only local files.  And for the other class,
put the same client name that you have these NT shared drives on, put these
shared drives in the file list only so that it will only do theses shared
drives.  This way the backups are separated from local and network backups (
local will be probably a lot faster).  This will also make it easier to
troubleshoot the backing up network drives.  Second, in my experience, ( I
have a Solaris 2.6 master server, 3.4 netbackup, with Solaris, SGI, Linux,
and NT,2000 ) with the nt client that has the mounted drives that you are
using to backup those drives, needs to have a user bpuser or the one that
has privilege to use the backup client and that client needs to be logged in
when the netbackups are scheduled.  We just have that user always logged
into this server and it works.  If this user is not logged in we get an
error but I don't remember which error number.  I hope this helps.
Sam

Message: 7