Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Duplication to alternate STU

2001-11-07 17:31:47
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Duplication to alternate STU
From: Ryan.Anderson AT udlp DOT com (Ryan Anderson)
Date: Wed, 07 Nov 2001 16:31:47 -0600
Is it possible to duplicate to an alternate Media Manager storage unit? The
bpduplicate command appears to support this, but I was told by someone it can't
be done. I have three scenarios I'd like to see if this is possible:

1) With NetBackup, duplicate images from one STU to another which are both in
the same tape library (one host has robotic control + drives, the other owns
drives but has no robotic control)

2) With NetBackup, duplicate images from one media server's STU to another STU
attached to a different media server across the network.

3) With Storage Migrator, duplicate all the data on nearline storage in an
optical library STU to the NetBackup master server's TLD STU across the network
(anyone know what commands to use, if this is even possible?). Or, do the same
thing, but with the TLD STU attached to the same server with Storage Migrator
and the optical library STU.

Thanks,

Ryan

--