Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Control-M

2001-11-01 09:39:40
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Control-M
From: erbilgic.ym AT pg DOT com (erbilgic.ym AT pg DOT com)
Date: Thu, 1 Nov 2001 09:39:40 -0500
Hi Brian,

If you want to schedule your jobs trough C-M, and still use incremental or
differential backups, you will have to assign your jobs with backup -i from the
master.  Netbackup DOES NOT support incremental backups from the client (I
believe it is a big shot coming of the product).

Control M does not know any thing, basically you ask it to schedule different
backups, Sunday full, m-f differential etc.  Using backup -i -c (class) -s
(Schedule) -h Host.  So you create different jobs for that.

Yes you can create a script that would re-start the job when an exit status 41
is encountered.  I could think of multiple ways of doing it, just a matter of
choice. Control-M also allows you to check a file etc...

As a personal note Control-M scheduler is very powerful, but Veritas has not
been providing the tools to use it with full capacity.  I have got multiple
tickets/enhancement requests open with Veritas for over a year (2-3 on some) on
these...  Ohh-well...

Have a great week.

Regards,

Yucel