Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] multiplexed duplicates & vaulting

2001-10-31 16:39:08
Subject: [Veritas-bu] multiplexed duplicates & vaulting
From: DONALDG AT tc.gc DOT ca (Donaldson, Grant)
Date: Wed, 31 Oct 2001 16:39:08 -0500
Hi Tim,

        We had a patch created for the previous version of  BpVault (1.4.0)
that allowed us to duplicate MPX backup images to a single drive pair much
faster than the standard install of 1.4 (we don't use the BpVault generated
image lists for the duplication  part of the vaulting process).  This
modification was ported into version 3.4 of BpVault and is activated by
entering some new parameters into the dup_param file(s).  It currently
allows us to duplicate 188 images on 80 tapes (3 terabytes) in about 60
hours using 1 drive pair.  We maintain MPX and have decent drives (9840s
running 20MB/second). If you think this may be of use to you, I would
contact Lissa Landmark of  BpVault at lissa AT veritas DOT com to get more
info.

*** Please note that it only works with one drive pair.

Grant
Transport Canada