Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] OTM

2001-10-25 11:30:55
Subject: [Veritas-bu] OTM
From: charles.somogyi AT bms DOT com (Charles R Somogyi)
Date: Thu, 25 Oct 2001 11:30:55 -0400
Thanks for the feedback. I just had some internal customers
migrate 400 NT servers from ArcServe to NetBackup and now I cant
get them a good backup (missing dll's, blah blah blah). Any body
have any luck with other Open File Manager vendors?

Charlie Somogyi

Charles,

 In my opinion the OTM feature/option now in NB 3.4.1 has way
fallen short  of "marketed" expectations.  Whether or not it's
Columbia Data Products issue or
 Veritas, I can't say.  I also (when I use it) spend much time in
tweaking it for both NetWare and NT in keeping the same
performance compared to when it is
 disabled.  I've not yet seen one occurance on either platforms
of a "Perfect Backup" (Status 0) while using OTM.

 Scott J.

 >>> Charles R Somogyi <charles.somogyi AT bms DOT com> 10/24/01 04:53PM

 Hello:

 What is the general feel for OTM on NB NT clients? I have to
 tweak the thing like crazy and I still get a ton of 1's due to
 skipped files. Anybody else going through the same thing? And
 these skipped files are required to be backed up (ie system32
 directory, etc, etc). Are updates to the OTM product found in
the
 Veritas patches?

 (HP-UX 11.0 Master, NT Clients, NB DataCenter 3.4)

 Charlie Somogyi
 BMS
 609-818-3589