Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Urgent:Need solution for some NBU problems

2001-10-25 09:02:22
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Urgent:Need solution for some NBU problems
From: Rick.Huang AT veritas DOT com (Rick Hai-Feng Huang)
Date: Thu, 25 Oct 2001 06:02:22 -0700
Hi,

   I have some NBU3.4 problems and need solution.

1.When I backup Notes R5 on solaris2.6 with NBU3.4, the returned status code
is 1(partial success).
I checked the bpbkar log and found there are many <16>errors.
Because end user use the nsf path name with chinese font character, bpbkar
log told error message as following:
NSFDBOPEN failed:could not find file name \232\245\245.nsf.
In fact, \232\245\245 is chinese character and could not display.
All chinese font nsf file could not be backuped but english font nsf file
could be backuped successfully.
Then I checked the patch and add NB_LOT_34_1.solaris2.6_237301.tar which
have solved the problem of swedish and german character.
But it could not solve the problem of chinese font.
Who can give me a hand?

2.ltid and vmd will lock many tape libraries's door.
For example, when I use NBU 3.4 with HP DAT24/6 and Exabyte 220, I could not
open the door of tape library with pressing eject button of panel.
So I need to execute bp.kill_all to  kill ltid and vmd. And user can draw
all tapes from library with pressing eject button.
It's useless to down the tape driver.
End user think it's not convenient to kill NBU daemons, replace tapes and
restart daemons every week.
Is there any solution to solve it?