Veritas-bu

[veritas-bu] Robtest

2001-10-24 18:22:07
Subject: [veritas-bu] Robtest
From: dcaparas AT borland DOT com (Dennis Caparas)
Date: Wed, 24 Oct 2001 15:22:07 -0700
--Boundary_(ID_IqBHzN51Fr9OZgQDSl7zUQ)

Did you try running an "sgscan" from the media server?

"White, Steve" wrote:

> Here's a fun one.  This is a NBU Datacenter 3.4 environment.
>
> I have an STK 9710 with 10 DLT7000 drives which has the robotic
> control attached to our master server along with three dives.  Then we
> have a media server attached to the other 7 drives.  The "robtest"
> utility works fine on the master server that has the robotic control
> path.  Problem is, it can't manage the 7 drives attached to the other
> host thus if I try to move a tape into or out of the drives attached
> to the media server I get an error.  So you say "try to run robtest on
> the media server" Well I tried that, but it doesn't know the robotic
> control path.
>
> Has anyone found a way to work around this?
>
> Thanks!!
>
> Steve White

--Boundary_(ID_IqBHzN51Fr9OZgQDSl7zUQ)

Did you try running an "sgscan" from the media server?
Datacenter 3.4 environment.</font></font>
drives which has the robotic control attached to our master server along
with three dives.&nbsp; Then we have a media server attached to the other
7 drives.&nbsp; The "robtest" utility works fine on the master server that
has the robotic control path.&nbsp; Problem is, it can't manage the 7 drives
attached to the other host thus if I try to move a tape into or out of
the drives attached to the media server I get an error.&nbsp; So you say
"try to run robtest on the media server" Well I tried that, but it doesn't
know the robotic control path.</font></font>
this?</font></font>

--Boundary_(ID_IqBHzN51Fr9OZgQDSl7zUQ)--