Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] file list

2001-10-23 18:37:32
Subject: [Veritas-bu] file list
From: gyurchak AT veritas DOT com (Gregg Yurchak)
Date: Tue, 23 Oct 2001 18:37:32 -0400
I don't think that's his question.  D:\ would still back up the info in the
other streams as well.  However, if they're separate mount points, then it
won't by default (unless you direct it to in the class specifications).  If
they're not separate mount points, old logic used to say you wouldn't want
separate streams regardless do to disk thrashing.  That's not so much the
case anymore, as your data may be laid out on 20 different physical disks
striped together, and four different streams would do you more good than
harm.

I'd include the D:\ along with your regular OS backup class, and setup an
exclude for that class for the other data sets.  Then make the other data a
separate class, or include it with some other unique class.

Thanks,
Gregg Yurchak
VERITAS Professional Services
Biloxi, MS