Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Netbackup restore speed

2001-10-18 18:02:19
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Netbackup restore speed
From: elarrivee AT portera DOT com (Eric Larrivee)
Date: Thu, 18 Oct 2001 15:02:19 -0700
How do I get faster restore performance in Netbackup.  Currently I am
experiencing very poor restore rates with Netbackup 3.2.  When I restore
to a Solaris 7 system on the same subnet as the backup server, I'm
seeing a transfer rate of about 400 Kb/sec.  On the other hand, for the
same system, I see a transfer rate of about 5 Mb/sec with the backups.
How can I improve the restore rate to be closer to the speed of the
backups?

Eric