Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Error code 134

2001-10-18 09:41:39
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Error code 134
From: MarelP AT AUSTRALIA.Stortek DOT com (Marelas, Peter)
Date: Thu, 18 Oct 2001 23:41:39 +1000
I look at 134 as a warning, not an error.

Its saying, at the time I attempted to run the backup I couldnt get
any resources, so I will issue this error (warning!) and put myself back on
the queue.

In previous versions of Netbackup you would get NO SUCH feedback.
Rather, the job would alot of the time sit in the mounting state until the
mount
timeout was exceeded or a resource became available.
Then you would pick up the phone and ring your tape vendor.

Question, "Why is the robot taking ages to mount a tape? Netbackup
says its been trying to mount a tape for 2 hours".

Response, "Sir, the robot hasent even received a mount request".

Question, "Why am I getting heaps of mount timeouts?"

Response, "Sir, the robot hasent even received a mount request. A
mount can not timeout if it was never issued".

So 134 I believe is a good thing. It gives you a feel of how
well your backup window is coping in line with the resources
available.

If you implement the workaround as suggested in the
technote, you will end up with the old behaviour which
Im convinced is a bad thing.

Regards
Peter Marelas