Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] How to re-read a tape into the indexes on Veritas 3.4 Data Center

2001-10-18 09:28:33
Subject: [Veritas-bu] How to re-read a tape into the indexes on Veritas 3.4 Data Center
From: edward.dubrovsky AT cgi DOT ca (Edward Dubrovsky/CGI)
Date: Thu, 18 Oct 2001 09:28:33 -0400
Hi Everyone,

I have a tape which the retention has expired on it and I need to "read"
the contents into the indexes so that I can restore some files on it. What
is the best way to achieve this type of activity? The tape has not been
placed into the drive since it was originally written to.

Thanks for your help.

Regards,

Ed Dubrovsky, SCA CNE MCSE HPCP CCNA
Phone: (905) 882-6300 x4066
Email: edward.dubrovsky AT cgi DOT ca
No one travels so high as he who knows not
where he is going. -Oliver Cromwell

1. Out of clutter, find simplicity 2. From
discord, find harmony 3. In the middle of
difficulty lies opportunity ,(Three rules
of work) -Albert Einstein