Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Restoring SQL databases and log files to altclient

2001-10-17 19:20:00
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Restoring SQL databases and log files to altclient
From: tgolden AT probusiness DOT com (Golden, Terry)
Date: Wed, 17 Oct 2001 16:20:00 -0700
I am currently using netbackup datacenter 3.4.1. My master server is Solaris
8.   I want to be able to restore both SQL databases and logs to another
server.  Support has told me to do this by using move scripts.  I've created
the scripts at the source and put them on the destination where I edit them
and start the restores.  It works for the databases but fails for the logs.
I've tried doing just the log files and it still fails with the following
error

13:01:17 [353,366] <16> CODBCaccess::LogODBCerr: DBMS MSG - ODBC error. ODBC
return code <-1>, SQL State <37000>, Message Text <[Microsoft][ODBC SQL
Server Driver][SQL Server]This backup set cannot be restored because the
database has not been rolled forward far enough. You must first restore all
earlier logs before restoring this log.>

Veritas Support is not able to recreate this.  Can anyone else?  The first
log I am restoring is the one the script creates.

Thanks
Terry