Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Cannot backup Lotus Notes on NT or Win2000: ERROR 41

2001-10-15 16:48:20
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Cannot backup Lotus Notes on NT or Win2000: ERROR 41
From: sq01 AT yorku DOT ca (Steve Quan)
Date: Mon, 15 Oct 2001 16:48:20 -0400 (EDT)
Has anyone run into ERROR 41 when attempting to backup their Lotus Notes
databases ? We're running with the latest recommended patches and Notes
release. Even though the client side daemon is running, traffic (from the
client) eventually stops, then the master initiates termination and we get
the ERROR 41.

Our File list (class) points to the Lotus Notes database
eg. e:\Lotus\Domino\Data and the class type is "Lotus Notes". If the class
type is changed to, "MS Windows NT" the backup succeeds (but we want a
Notes database backup, so it's no good). We've also tried increasing the
CLIENT_READ/CONNECT_TIMEOUT per Veritas's suggestions, but that only
delays the error.

Any ideas appreciated.
/Steve