Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Types of backup question

2001-10-12 19:21:38
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Types of backup question
From: Anthony.Soprano AT Home DOT Com (Anthony Soprano)
Date: Fri, 12 Oct 2001 19:21:38 -0400
Q1. This will work, BUT you (you not netbackup) need to know what tapes were
used.  Then you need to import+index the tape.  The import process is very
slow since it has to read the tape to know what's on it.  SInce the image
has expired netbackup no longer knows what is on the tape or even what tape
was used.

A.S.