Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Vertias and SOLARIS patches

2001-10-11 21:19:52
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Vertias and SOLARIS patches
From: terry.newnham AT showads.com DOT au (Terry Newnham)
Date: Fri, 12 Oct 2001 11:19:52 +1000
Hi

We have a SOLARIS box running Volume Mangager, Netbackup and HSM. The
rough order of installation was O/S, recommended Solaris patches and the
Veritas patches. What we want to do now is bring the Veritas products
fully up-to-date. Most likely this will involve adding both Solaris and
Veritas patches. What I expect to be do is bring the Solaris patches up
to date first then install the Verias ones.

I was wondering if anybody has done an operation like this and the rough
procedure they had to follow ? My concern is that the Veritas patches
overlap the Solaris ones and that this might mean that the Solaris
patches cannot be backed out without effecting Veritas software.

Terry