Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] NON_RESERVED_PORTS question

2001-10-09 10:41:34
Subject: [Veritas-bu] NON_RESERVED_PORTS question
From: Tim.McMurphy AT telus DOT com (Tim McMurphy)
Date: Tue, 9 Oct 2001 08:41:34 -0600
We use those switches as well but it seems like your range is somewhat
narrow. While Netbackup can backup with one port it requires 3 to restore
(don't quote me on that) or something like that.

Here are the settings we use on the server and clients:

ALLOW_NON_RESERVED_PORTS
CLIENT_PORT_WINDOW = 13740 13750

The next line is required on the server if restoring one of these clients
files into an alternate location.

Substitute the interface that the client is on (ie. serverge0, ge1, ge2,
ge3, ge4, ge5) for the one that the client you want to restore to is on and
restart netbackup (reread daemon request).
#
#REQUIRED_INTERFACE = serverge1
#