Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Re: sd.conf entries affecting what tape drives a re seen

2001-10-03 17:56:32
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Re: sd.conf entries affecting what tape drives a re seen
From: Buddy.Lumpkin AT nordstrom DOT com (Lumpkin, Buddy)
Date: Wed, 3 Oct 2001 15:56:32 -0600
Right, but I have seen entries commented out in sd.conf keep the drive from
being seen. for instance:

# in sd.conf, standard entry for target3, lun0 commented out
#name="sd" class="scsi"
        target=3 lun=0;

# Entry looked like this in st.conf
name="st" class="scsi"
        target=3 lun=0;

and the tape was never seen so we added an entry that looked like this in
sd.conf:

name="sd" class="scsi" target=3 hba="fcaw3" lun=0;

and the tape drive was seen just fine.

--Buddy