Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Netbackup Windoze 2000 client

2001-10-03 15:43:32
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Netbackup Windoze 2000 client
From: gjohnson AT ADMWORLD DOT com (Johnson, Tony -Research)
Date: Wed, 3 Oct 2001 14:43:32 -0500
I was just wondering I have a client that is M$ Windows 2000 Terminal
Server.  I have notices on 2 occasions (1 I needed to restore: 2 the first
day running netbackup schedules after midnight, the backups took so long
that they lasted during the day) that the box would stop allowing
connections to users while running netbackup processes if the machine was
under high load.   In both occassions the netbackup (restore or backup)
would halt and users were unable to make connections to the box Just
wondering if this is something other people have experienced and possibly
fixed.

The fix for the backups was just to start them earlier.  The restore issue
could happen at anytime...