Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Server Name Change

2001-09-26 16:43:33
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Server Name Change
From: jlaurie AT csu DOT org (James Laurie)
Date: Wed, 26 Sep 2001 14:43:33 -0600
> I am running Netbackup Datacenter 3.4 on HPUX -11 backup server.
> The server name and IP address is going to change on Friday.
> The configuration is master server and one client, both are directly
> attached to the tape drives in a P3000.
> The Master server is the server that will be changed.
> Is there an easy way to make this transition?
>
> Lou Silvia
> Data Storage
> S.S.A.

Lou,

I found an August post to this list entitled "Migration of Master
server" the latest response being from L R (Leo) Labonte.
I myself tried a migration from one server to another which failed
miserably because I tried to copy the NBU database from one server to
the other, rather than do a bprecover from a DB tape copy. The errors I
received involved a reference to the previous robotic host rather than
the hostname of the new robotic host for all my existing tape media.
I'd be interested in finding how your migration goes.

Jim