Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] NetBackup 3.4.1 Data Center + Exabyte 10e library with 8500 8mm tape drive

2001-09-21 14:32:37
Subject: [Veritas-bu] NetBackup 3.4.1 Data Center + Exabyte 10e library with 8500 8mm tape drive
From: edward.dubrovsky AT cgi DOT ca (Edward Dubrovsky/CGI)
Date: Fri, 21 Sep 2001 14:32:37 -0400
Hi All,

I am conducting some initial testing with this old equipment. Essentially,
what I have is a winNT server with an Exabyte 10e (latest firmware 1.4.5)
and Exabyte 8500 8mm drive in it. This on Veritas site is claimed to be
supported and tested.

Veritas finds the robot and the drive and I can get it to load the tape.
After that nothing happens, no data ever gets written to the tape drive.

Robotics is recognized as TS8 and tape drive is recognized as part of the
robot no problems.

If I use NTBACKUP I can write to the drive and the tape.

Anyone has any clues if there are any special settings I am missing here?

In addition, the inventory process fails at time with can not sense
robot...

Any help or pointers would be appreciated.

Regards,
Ed Dubrovsky, SCA CNE MCSE HPCP CCNA
No one travels so high as he who knows not
where he is going. -Oliver Cromwell

1. Out of clutter, find simplicity 2. From
discord, find harmony 3. In the middle of
difficulty lies opportunity ,(Three rules
of work) -Albert Einstein