Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] bpduplicate & bpverify

2001-09-21 13:42:10
Subject: [Veritas-bu] bpduplicate & bpverify
From: Tim.McMurphy AT telus DOT com (Tim McMurphy)
Date: Fri, 21 Sep 2001 11:42:10 -0600
Were any of these the parameters you changed?

Ours was set to the default 4 minutes (240000 milliseconds). I set it to 1/4
that (60000) and it works.

Veritas says set it to 1 sec but Sun says don't go below 1 minute.
ndd -set /dev/tcp tcp_time_wait_interval 60000

>From Veritas' Web Site:
-----------------------------
This document (230050) is provided subject to the disclaimer at the end of
this document.
Symptom:
When performing backups, or restores, socket errors are being produced.

Exact Error Message:
Status codes 13, 14, 23, 24, 25 may occur. 13 = file read failed, 14 = file
write failed, 23 = socket read failed, 24 = socket write failed, 25 = cannot
connect on socket

These commands will produce a large number, like the default 240000 (value
is in milliseconds, so 240 seconds or 4 minutes). This is the amount of time
to wait after a socket is closed before it can be reused. In most cases this
can be shortened to about 1 second (1000) and may alleviate the problem.

The command to set it to 1000 on Solaris 2.6 and previous versions is:
ndd -set /dev/tcp tcp_close_wait_interval 1000

The command to set it to 1000 on Solaris 7 and later versions is:
ndd -set /dev/tcp tcp_time_wait_interval 1000