Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Windows 2000 - restore pbs

2001-09-21 08:50:45
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Windows 2000 - restore pbs
From: Simone De Brouwer <sdebrouw AT ulb.ac DOT be> (Simone De Brouwer)
Date: Fri, 21 Sep 2001 14:50:45 +0200 (MET DST)
Hi Fiona,

Thank you for your quick and useful advise; it works now.

Simone De Brouwer

>From: Greenhough Fiona <greenhough.f AT mgx.co DOT za>
>To: "'sdebrouw AT ulb.ac DOT be'" <sdebrouw AT ulb.ac DOT be>
>Subject: FW: [Veritas-bu] Windows 2000 - restore pbs
>Date: Wed, 19 Sep 2001 09:32:27 +0200
>
>Hi
>
>What directory structure did you install to on the client.  If it was
>c:\programs files\veritas that is your problem.  We only ever install to
>c:\veritas as Unix does not like the space!
>
>Regards
>>MGX Storage Solutions
>Tel:  (2711) 458 6478
>Fax (2711) 458 6868
>Mobile: (2782) 338 4754
>MailTo:  greenhough.f AT mgx.co DOT za
>Fiona Greenhough
>Software Engineer

Hi Marianne,

Thanks for your quick and useful advise; it works now.

Simone De Brouwer

>From: Vandenberg Marianne <vandenberg.m AT mgx.co DOT za>
>To: "'sdebrouw AT ulb.ac DOT be'" <sdebrouw AT ulb.ac DOT be>
>Subject: RE: [Veritas-bu] Windows 2000 - restore pbs
>Date: Wed, 19 Sep 2001 09:37:18 +0200
>
>Hi Simone
>
>You don't mention what your master server is.
>
>I had the same problem with a Unix server backing up NT and Win2K clients.
>The problem is when the client software is installed in the default "Program
>Files" directory (or any other directory with spaces in the name).
>
>The best solution is to de-install the client software and install directly
>under the root (<X>:\veritas).
>
>Regards
>
>Marianne van den Berg
>Software Engineer
>MGX Storage Solutions
>Tel : +27 11 458 6512
>Fax: +27 11 458 6868
>Mobile : +27 82 468 8107
>mailto: vandenberg.m AT mgx.co DOT za
>        Marianne.vandenBerg AT mgxgroup DOT com

 Simone De Brouwer     -  Operations  -         email : sdebrouw AT ulb.ac DOT
be
                                                tel.  :  32 2 650 3727 / 3785
                                                fax   :  32 2 650 3740
 Brussels Free University Supercomputing Centre,  Belgium.