Veritas-bu

[Fwd: [Veritas-bu] NetApp backups and multi drives]

2001-09-17 14:57:23
Subject: [Fwd: [Veritas-bu] NetApp backups and multi drives]
From: jlkennedy AT amcc DOT com (Jeff Kennedy)
Date: Mon, 17 Sep 2001 11:57:23 -0700
I understand that SSO is not available from Veritas for ndmp yet, this
is technically not SSO.  Netapp filers see all the tape drives attached
to the library anyway, whether you configure them in NBU or not.  So the
question is this:  Can I configure NBU to see all drives for all filers?

The only issue I can come up with is if NBU causes the filer to
periodically go out and check the drive status.  If that's the case then
it could be problematic to have several filers checking drive status on
the same drive at the same time.  However, if NBU does not cause that,
then a filer could use all the drives it is configured for in NBU as
long as no backup overlaps.

Anyone see another issue with this scenario?

Thanks.

~JK